Thursday, June 7, 2007

They Put Up the Dome

The got the dome in today and more rebar. They formed the retaining walls and plan on finishing the rebar for the dome, as well as setting the flue liner for the chimney tomorrow.
There wont be any concrete deliveries this weekend, so they plan on concrete Monday. Two of the guys are going home for the weekend, but Jerry says that he's sticking around here to do a few things this weekend in preparation for the pour on Monday.
With a possibility of thunderstorms in the forecast, I trenched a bit north of the garage area this evening and then put down the largest tarp we have (with rocks on top of it). I know it isn't going to keep the ground beneath dry, but at least maybe it'll prevent some of the water from getting through, and the ground will be that much drier because of it. At least maybe it'll dry out faster. We pour that module last, but I want that ground suitable by that time.
Rachel took pictures but I was so tired that I didn't get a chance to post photos yet. I will later (probably this weekend).

No comments: