Tuesday, June 26, 2007

They poured yesterday (and it pours today)

They did the big pour yesterday morning. This time, I climbed up on the roof of the first module and watched as they worked the concrete around on the 2nd. I took a bunch of pictures, which I hope to post soon.
There was the big pour yesterday, and then rain came today but I was hoping we wouldn't get as much rain as other areas nearby. Somehow, I just hoped we'd get enough rain to help the concrete cure slower (and therefore harder), but not so much as to make the ground slushy.
One thing the concrete pumper operator told me is how much he liked working a construction site in the country. He said that they're nazis about it in Broken Arrow. He said the concrete trucks and pumper trucks aren't allowed to operate earlier than 6AM, and even if he shows up at a site 30 minutes ahead of time, just to get parked and wait there for the concrete trucks, he's been threatened by police that they'll cite him.
The guy has been threatened by people in neighborhoods where he's worked. They've whined and complained about mud in the road (even after a big rain where the mud is there even if his truck isn't). He even had a woman threaten to call the police on him if he didn't move his truck so that she could get by, and when the police didn't do anything (because she had another way out), she went and got her husband to physically threaten him to move (and of course, he told the guy that he'd never be able to beat him up like he said he was going to, from the inside of his pickup).
and people in the city complain about the concrete mess, with no regards for the mess that was made when their own house was built.
I thank God I'm living in the country, and that I don't have whining neighbors. I'm sure I have a few neighbors that would prefer to not have concrete trucks driving through, but most are working and not home during the day to have a problem with it

No comments: