Saturday, June 2, 2007

Master Suite Footings Formed

The put up the forms for the footings in the master suite, and started on half the footings for the next module. Getting rebar and/or metal stakes into the rock to secure the forms, was tough. They had to drill into the rock. The drill was having a problem with it, and Jerry thought that they might be pulling too many amps through all that extension cord. We had the heavy duty cords, but the drill seemed to be getting excessively hot. At the end of the day, he figured out that this wasn't the hammer drill that he'd picked out, but that the folks at McCoys lumber had given him the wrong drill with his order of lumber. They'd given him a drill that wasn't a hammer drill, so it wasn't that affective with the rock.
I had thought that seemingly industrial strength drill should've been able to do a better job than it was doing this afternoon. We'd done better with out little cheap john hammer drill. However, I didn't look at his drill close and he evidently didn't either until late in the day.
He said they'd be back tomorrow and hopefully with a better drill.
We'd fired up our portable generator so that they could have power without having to have long extension cords. This didn't help that drill though, but at least it ruled out the extension cords as the source of the problem. The fact is, the drill they were using was the problem. I'm sure they'll have the right drill tomorrow.
On a side note, I spent most of the day working on the ip-cam. It got it set up and in position. I got the network cable ran and power. Then I discovered that I'd damage the network cable (the plug) when I fed it through the tight port we have in the side of the house. I cut the end of the cable off and then rewired it into a new plug, but had the terminals all wrong, and so it took a couple of hours to get it right. Luckily, I had the right kind of testing equipment to figure out that terminal 1 on one end of the cable, needed to be hooked up to terminal 1 on the other end; and then the same with each of the other wires. What a hassle!!!!
And after all that, I truly believe that we have a bad power supply or something wrong with the camera, because this time, the camera never powered up. The fan inside the weatherproof housing powered up, but I never was able to get the camera running, and so obviously, wasn't able to bring the video feed up on a web browser. I had it working lastnight, but I was tired and so I hope to mess around with it some more tomorrow morning.
If it doesn't rain, I figure I'll be doing a little bit of mowing front and back first, and then once that's out of the way, I'll mess with the camera.

No comments: