Sunday, June 3, 2007

Ready For 1st Pour

I think we're ready for the 1st concrete pour. Jerry says that they'll pour tomorrow. This will be the footings for the master suite, and probably half the footings for the 2nd module.
I was a bit disappointed that the pad isn't as level as the excavation guy led me to believe. I never thought it looked level, and I should've checked it, but I would've had to re-rent one of those laser levels, and at the time, I thought that Terra-Dome was going to be out in a day or two and that there just wasn't time for that. I should've made the time, because as it turned out, a week went by before Terra-Dome came down anyway. There would've been time to correct the problem, although we had all that rain and that I might not have been able to get the guy back out to level things out.
When he was operating the dozer, his partner was using the stick to check level, but I kept thinking that he wasn't holding that stick plumb, but I was trusting that those guys were the professionals and that they knew how to do their jobs better than I did. However, as it turns out, I think I understood how to operate that laser level better than his helper did. We've off by at least 2 inches so far, and it's likely to be more than that by the time we get to the north wall of the garage.

No comments: