Sunday, June 24, 2007

Preparing for Monday's Pour

Despite the fact that it was supposed to dry out (it rained a couple more times and swamped the place, although not as bad as a week ago). The guys have been working as a two-man crew (the 3rd guy never showed up) for a few days, although they got a third hand yesterday (in our son). He wasn't used to that kind of work, and he could hardly walk after 8 hours. However, his help got them on schedule for the next concrete pour, which is scheduled for Monday.
I was a bit frustrated to get into the IP-cam with the front end loader this morning while I was mowing. I've been lazy and haven't removed the loader, because I am still moving cravel and dirt almost on a daily basis, and it seems like a pain to put the loader on and then back off and then on again.
I think I messed up the audio on the camera when I hit it though. The weatherproof case protected the camera, but I noticed that the audio was horrible (not that it was great before, as it mostly was the sound of the fan inside the case). So I've turned the audio off so that it wont be a problem.
I'm planning to get another IP-cam so that we can watch progress from antoher angle.
I experimented and was able to move most of the larger rocks out in the pasture. I merely moved them so there was enough room to mow between them, but ultimately, I'll want to move them to the north side of the house to be used as a retaining wall and stairway up onto the roof. For now, they're out in the pasture, out of the way.
I think Justin is supposed to return some time today (although Jerry hasn't heard from him and feels he'll have to cancel tomorrow's pour if Justin doesn't show), and will be working with the crew in preparation for Monday's pour, although I think with Jeremy's help, they're on schedule.

No comments: