Friday, June 1, 2007

Little Progress

The guys showed up around 9:15. We received over an inch of rain this morning before they arrived and so the construction site was sitting in water. I went to buy a small pump and got it set up to pumping water out to the woods. The guys left around 11:15 to go find a better place (cheaper) to stay than the hotel, and so I went to work. They were supposed to return in a few hours.
I got home and they'd not shut the little pump off when it ran out of water, and so the motor burned up. I wish they'd turned it off but they didn't. There was still some water in one area of the site and so I was hoping that maybe it will dry up over night.
We go the bad news that they can't get the concrete poured for the footings this weekend, so that wont happen until Monday. I feel like we've lost a week (another week).
Also, I went to pick up my ip-cam since Fedex couldn't find our house to deliver it (although they delivered something for my wife yesterday with no problem). I hooked the camera up this evening, and there seems to be a power problem. Rats!

No comments: