Tuesday, July 31, 2007

They came for the dome early

It's 20:00 and we just had visitors. It was 3 guys from Terra-Dome. Tracy Allen (Jacki's husband) was one of them. It was nice to meet him. He and the other guys are here to pick up the stuff left behind by Jerry's crew, but they said they wouldn't do it until tomorrow morning.

I'm glad they're not taking the jacks down for another night, because we're barely at the 7 days that the concrete gains 80% of it's strength. I will say that Jay committed to leaving the jacks up for the 7 days, but he also committed to calling me and giving me warning before they'd come down for the jacks and the dome trailer. We never got that call.

To verify that the guys were who they said they were, I called Jay and verified that someone was supposed to be down for the equipment. He verified it, but never mentioned forgetting to call me and warn me they were coming.

No big deal, at this point. I just wish that the communication were a little better, but in building a house before, we learned that few of these guys communicate as well as in our lines of work. In construction, it just doesn't work that way.

They said they'd be back tomorrow morning and pick up the equipment left behind, the dome trailer, the forms, etc. I'm grateful for another 24 hours of the jacks holding up the garage overhangs.

Tracy complimented us on the house, saying he really liked the layout and the size of the place. He and the others gave us a few tips about waterproofing, and they also brought down several rolls of the Paraseal, which is the bentonite membrane that Terra-Dome recommends for part of the waterproofing.

No comments: