Sunday, July 22, 2007

They'll probably pour on Tuesday

Jerry said they'll probably pour the garage unit on Tuesday. They have most of the rebar in place. I got a few pictures before they put up the inner parapet forms, and I'll post as soon as I have time. We also had a brief rain, and so this gave me the opportunity to take pictures of any places that might allow water to puddle. I'll take care of those areas prior to covering with dirt. The goal is to create paths for the water to flow, so that it'll flow off the roof.
In a week or so, I'm sure the Terra-Dome crew will be gone. Jerry, Jason, Justin and Lewis have done a great job on these last two modules (we've got 4 modules in all).
I started moving more gravel into the house to be situated below slab (of course). It was notable that the modules are large enough, that I was literally able to drive a tractor into the house, spread gravel from the loader and then turn around and drive back out. I did it in the first 3 modules several times today. How many people can do that in their living room or bedroom? (No big deal, really, but Rachel was a bit amused when I turned the tractor around in the master suite.)
I want to apologize about only having the one ip-cam. I have a second but had trouble with configuration and haven't had a lot of quality time to devote to getting it set up prior to this pour. Technically, it's an indoor cam, so although I likely wont have it operational and on the network by this pour, I will get it running and will have it mounted somewhere inside the house so that work going on inside will be visible.

No comments: