Wednesday, December 19, 2007

They knocked down (or took down) some fence!!!

I called home and spoke to our son and found out that the dirt was delivered today. I was happy about this. However, I was infuriated when I got home (in the dark) and found that part of the fence was down. It was either taken down on purpose or knocked down. Either way, I was mad that there wasn't even attempt to put it back up after delivering the dirt.

I worked hard to get that fence in. The fence posts were hammered into sandstone. They weren't easy to get in.


I managed to get the fence back up with the help of our son, but it'll never be as good as it was. That's a bit frustrating.


I think this guy (the dirt guy) is giving us a good deal. I hate to complain. However, the next time that I ask him to deliver dirt, we're going to talk about the options with regards to the fence, and I hope that if it needs to be taken down for some reason, that I'm the one doing it. I just can't believe he just left it there on the ground, and even drove over it. That fence is bent up now and will never look or function the same again. I just can't over how inconsiderate this guy was.


Anyway, it was dark. I didn't get a real good look at the fence, so I don't know if there are more repairs needed or not. I do have the fence back up and hope that it'll function for us a while longer (at least throughout the rest of the construction process).

No comments: