Monday, December 3, 2007

Rachel says I should consider working full-time on the house

I've been depressed that there's so much work to do on the house, and I'm doing it virtually on my own; and getting very little progress done. I look back at where things were a few months ago, and we've certainly made progress, but we're way, way, way behind from where I hoped to be right now. And there's so much work to do to get to that point where I wanted to be.
So I've been depressed and it's been getting worse.


This weekend, Rachel suggested a couple of times, that I should strongly consider quitting my job and working full-time on the house. The thing is, I remember when I was unemployed before and it didn't feel good not having that income. We did fine, but we had to cut out all of the frills.


I was able to finish the house we're in now, so being able to work full-time on it was a good thing. But when I was ready to get back to work, I had a difficult time finding a job. And when I finally did find one, it was for approximately half the pay.So the idea of taking off and working on the house full-time appeals to me, but then I wonder how hard it might be for me to find a job months later when I'm ready to go back to work.


So I'm not ready to quit my job yet. I'm going to ride it out a while longer and see how things go. For one thing, there's been an idea passed around at work, suggesting that we might be able to go to 4 10 hour days. That would give me every Monday or Friday off work. I could get more work done on the house, and maybe that would be enough for me to feel progress being made.

Maybe it would be enough for me not to be so depressed like I am now.

No comments: