Sunday, December 16, 2007

2007.12.16 Not much done

I didn't get much done (again) this weekend. Rachel & I spent the afternoon cleaning up tree limbs from my parents' roof and backyard. The neighbor's tree did it, but the guy was unwilling (inconsiderate) to help a couple of elderly people out. You'd think that he'd at least have helped clean up, but he didn't. So we did.


The fence is torn up and will need to be replaced. There was roof damage as one of the limbs went about 4 feet through the surface of the roof. It's been temporarily patched until it can be repaired by a carpenter.


We got a truck load of firewood out of all this work, but it's green and therefore wont be usable for this winter. By the time I got home, I was pretty tired.


I'm a bit frustrated about the house. I went out lastnight to put some waterproofing (Ecoline-R) material at the base of the walls so that I can insulate and bury them. I noticed cracking in the waterproofing that I did already, and I think this is because it's been exposed to the UV rays too much. Too much time has passed and I didn't get it covered, and now I'm going to have to do it again.


This is not a one-man job, but one man is doing it.

No comments: