Saturday, December 15, 2007

2007.12.15 Put in Half a Day

I put in approximately half a day of work today. It was snowing most of the time and cold and windy. I moved some more gravel around the french drains on the east side of the house. I put down some filter fabric on the gravel, and then started backfilling with dirt.


Due to the wet ground, the tractor got stuck. It took me, with Rachel's help, probably about 30 minutes before I got unstuck.


I had to take frequent breaks because of the cold. I had two jackets on, with a hood, plus my hat. My feet and my face froze just the same, so the breaks were important.
I would've had dirt and gravel delivered this week, but the ground was saturated, and so that wasn't an option. Hopefully, I'll get several loads delivered next week and we can get some real progress made.


I don't feel good that I didn't get more work done. It's only me working and there's a mountain of work to do. This is so frustrating.

No comments: