Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Redid some waterproofing

I didn't go to work today. I wasn't feeling well, and I figured I could work on the house and vomit in between (as needed), but I couldn't really do that at the office.

So I managed to apply Ecoline-R on the east wall of the master suite module. I found out the major difference between the Ecoline products and the Blackjack stuff that I was experimenting with. The blackjack is great as far as it goes on really thick, and it stays tacky for quite some time. This allowed me to stick some insulation on top of the footings and it would stick. That was good.However, the blackjack stays tacky for over a day (so far). This is nice for adhering insulation, but I like the way the Ecoline products dry and go on thinner and more easily to work; and they don't stay tacky. The Ecoline products are more expensive, but easy work is a good thing.

I think the blackjack stuff is great for the tops of footings, and the bottom of the walls where they meet with the footings. I'm sure there'll be some other places where this material will be a good solution to use. However, I've learned that you get what you pay for, and overall, the Ecoline products are better (in my opinion).

I was frustrated that I had called a dirt and gravel company. This was the guy that had done some work for our firestation, and the mayor of our community (he lives across the street from me) recommended this guy. I figure I'd help the guy out, but I was frustrated because he said he'd be here first thing this morning. He wasn't. First thing was after noon.

I wanted to get one load of washed gravel, which I did get delivered. I also wanted two loads of fill dirt. I didn't get those. So I was off work today, but didn't get my day maximized as far as things that could only be done with me home. I sure wanted that dirt.

This other company isn't as reliable as the company I had been using, but I was trying to help this guy out because he was an older gentleman and he was a minority (I wont say which). I figured I was doing a good thing, but this guy isn't reliable. I'll give him another chance. His son made the delivery today, because he was taking his wife to the doctor. I figured that maybe the son doesn't do this full-time and so maybe the dad is more reliable.I'll give him one more chance.
I got tired today and so there was a limit to the physical labor I could do, but I did apply the Ecoline material to the entire surface of the east wall, including the retaining wall. After that, I was moving dirt with the tractor for a while, because I could do that and ride the tractor. It was less strenuous for me (since I wasn't feeling all that well).

I had originally hoped that I could take off work this Friday, but since I was off work today, I kinda figure that I can't get off Friday too. I'm behind at work.I had hoped though, because according to the weather forecast, it's expected to rain on Saturday.

PS. I added a subscription page (Click).

No comments: