Monday, December 3, 2007

The Encouragement Helps

We've received several messages of encouragement today. It feels good to get that. There are highs and lows and I've been going through some lows. There'll be highs again.
I feel a bit awkward feeling sorry for myself. The coach of our hockey team resigned today. I don't know if he resigned on his own, or if he was asked to resign. Either way, that guy sure can't be feeling good right now, and he's one of the best human beings I know. I wish he and his family the best.

One thing I'll say is that when I'm struggling at my job, no one heckles me or boos. I'd hate to be a professional athlete. Their highs are greater than mine, but their lows are too.
I'm sticking it out at my job. It's not a bad one and they treat me well. Plus, the pay is pretty good (not as good as when I was a contractor, but I get more benefits now).

I wish I made enough money to hire some professional help on the house, but I can't. So I guess I'd continue to work my way through it slowly. The cold weather is here and I'll be working in the cold. It could be worse. At least we live this far south. Working in 40 degree (Fahrenheit) temperatures is much more comfortable than just a hundred miles north of us.

No comments: