Thursday, August 9, 2007

Work in the evening

I put a few more t-posts in the ground last evening. It was about half as many as I did a couple of nights ago. I made it to the southeast corner of the house and hope to do more this evening (unless I have to work late at my job)(big deadline is close).
A teenage son of one of the neighbors came over and introduced himself this evening. He'd heard that we might be looking to hire someone to do odd jobs around the property on Saturdays. I'm not sure of his age, but estimate that he's probably 14 years old. He seemed anxious to work.
I was really hoping to hire someone a little older, but since we don't have a better offer, we told him to show up at 7 on Saturday. From his demeanor, I'm figuring he'll be on time. We'll get him to work on some of the cleanup so that Rachel and I will be free to do some of the things we need to be doing

No comments: