Monday, August 6, 2007

Beginning to fence the site

Despite the 100 degree weather, I got home from work (it was a tough day) and I changed clothes and got to work outdoors. I started on putting in fence posts so that we can fence the construction site off. We need to keep spectators and curiousity seekers out, as well as being able to let our dogs patrol the place.
I put in a dozen t-posts, which doesn't sound like a lot, except that in this sandstone ground, it was a feat. I'm proud of what I did, but it sure wore me out. A few years ago, I couldn't have done it, but I'm in better shape now and I drove those things into the sandstone and moved on to the next, and made it from the northwest corner of the house around the southwest corner and up to the west end of the storage container.
I'm hoping that I can do this same thing a couple of more evenings this week and then maybe string fence next weekend.

No comments: