Thursday, August 2, 2007

I bought new magnets

I called around several stores that I hadn't already checked with, but they didn't have magnetic sweepers and/or any kind of magnetic pickup tools. Ace Hardware had a magnetic sweeper, but it was an industrialized product that costed about $160 and I thought that was more than what we needed to spend. I'll pick the nails up by hand for that much money.
I thought of the Re-Tool store (http://www.re-tool.com/) since they have a lot of tools, new and used. I went over there during my lunch hour and they had 2 kinds. They got a little plunger type of magnet with a handle and a nice little release lever so it'll let go of what you pick up when you pull the lever. Rachel will like that. The other was a nice roller sweeper magnet, even better than the good one that the Terra-Dome guys took off with. Together, I had to pay $68. I hate having to spend that money, but even if we could get the other tools back from Terra-Dome, it would take weeks and we need to get to work with those items now. So these new tools will come in handy.

No comments: