Sunday, August 12, 2007

2007.08.12 - Still lots of work to do

Rachel & I did a lot this weekend, and yet there's still a whole lot left to do before we can begin waterproofing, berming, and covering the house (as well as getting utilities started (before we can pour the slab)(before we can close the house in with windows and doors).
Rachel worked on the roof today picking up debris, rebar, tools, trash, etc left behind by the Terra-Dome crew.


I put some gravel in the garage, but there's a lot more left to do in there. I mowed, because we needed it. I also moved some of the boulders (not the largest though). I had to use the tractor, but the largest boulders couldn't be lifted with FEL (the tractor's front-end loader). We do have a number of nice landscaping rocks that are set aside in an area more convenient than where they'd been left when the septic system was installed. I was finally able to mow in places where some of those rocks had been, and we finally have a path from the driveway to the middle of the pasture, rather than having to walk all the way around the sprinkler system (from the septic water treatment system) trench.


I started stringing fence at the west side of the house yesterday. I had Josh's (he's the kid we hired for a few hours each Saturday) help. Josh also moved the trash and scrap lumber left behind, and its now in a more orderly place for us (out of the way).
I've still not posted photographs lately, but hope to do that by this evening. I'm tired of putting it off.

No comments: