Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Our Water System Had To Be Repaired

We have water again (sort of). I got a well service to come out to work on the problem. I dug up half the trench to find the leak, but it turned out to be in three different locations along the pipe. We ended up having to dig almost the entire trench in order to find the last location where the water line had been pulled loose. It was loose at the pvc connections.

This ordeal costed me $120 to get it fixed, and now I have all this dirt to have to back fill into the trench. I'm leaving the trench open for a while because at least I know where that line is now, and before we run the propane, water and electric lines to the house, I want to make sure we can avoid damaging them again.

The day was a bad day, but at least now we have a new electrical pole and I can now dig a trench for those utility lines to the new house.

The well needs to be shocked now. The system was open and so it's not sanitized. Rachel and I will shock the well with bleach and wait a day and then flush the system. So, we'll be without usable water until after the system is shocked and then flushed.

No comments: