Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Repeating Theme: Progress Is Slow

I worked all day moving dirt from the piles where the dump truck left them, to the east side of the house, building up the berm. I added insulation, and probably would've finished that side of the house, but it was a windy, windy day and I had to fight the wind and keep the insulation up against the wall, and find things to prop it into position without the wind ripping it apart. It really was a two man job, but I had to do it on my own.

Josh, the kid we had working for us, hasn't been seen or heard from in a month. He might've decided he didn't want to do this kind of work. I'm not sure what the issue is, except that for the last couple of weeks, he was preparing for a school band trip to one of the bowl games. It was a big deal for him and they practiced on weekends, which is when I work on the house. So he wasn't available. I'm not sure why he wasn't available today.

The wind is tearing up our garden shed. After I sideswiped it with a backhoe back in the summer, it no longer had structural integrity. With the winds, the shed is being torn apart. I'm hoping it'll hold today and that maybe I can get some help tomorrow and do some repairs to make the shed stable again. It'll never been weather tight like it was, and it wont look good, but I hope to at least make it hold up to the wind.

No comments: