Sunday, January 27, 2008

Got a little bit done this weekend

We've been busy. I didn't get as much done this weekend, but I got a little bit done. We went to a home and remodeling show yesterday. It was free (the best kind). We took the opportunity to meet with the siding company since they were there at the show. We have a bid for getting them to cover the parapets. We need that soon because of the foam insulation. We want to protect it from the sun, and it's overdue for being covered.

The cost to cover the parapets is more than that I figured. In fact, it's about double the amount. It has to be done though, and so we'll probably be scheduling the work soon.

Today, I spent half a day working on the house. I actually got a little bit of help from our son (he's broke and way in debt to us, and car insurance is coming up that he needs to pay). I put him to work with a paint brush applying the Ecoline-R in spots that were missed due to imperfections in the concrete. I took a roller and applied and additional overall coating.

I then spent an hour moving some of the limbs from trees that had been damaged during the ice storm. That was more of an ordeal that I thought it would be, but it's done now.

I spent an hour or so finishing the french drain in front of the southeast retaining wall. Besides the corregated pipe that has a filter sock over it, I also placed filter fabric over it and dumbed gravel around the pipe, and then folded the fabric over and overlapped it, and then dumped some dirt on top of it all to secure it. If we're going to have people working to put up siding on the parapets, I don't want them messing up the work I've done already. It was hard enough the first time.

No comments: