Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Weekend (We Labored ... a Little)


We worked a little bit on this 3 day weekend. I put up more fence with Josh's help. I stopped at the storage container, because I'm hoping to get the company we're renting it from to come and take it away next week. Because of that, I also had to get all of our stuff out of it. It made sense to have the storage container when the Terra-Dome crew was here, but now that they're gone, this is where we can save some money.

I found out that the guys broke some things on our generator. They didn't bother to tell us, but they had to have known when they did it. Because they didn't bother to tell me, I didn't know until it broke the rest of the way. Had they told me, I could've avoided breaking it the rest of the way. I'm talking about the handle. It borke off from the frame. So I had to essentially drag this monster across our property. The guys had let the tires go flat, and didn't bother to tell me about that either. I did get the tires aired up too, but I had to drag the thing to where I could air it up.

I can tell you that the generator is heavy. I ended up having to lift the thing about 6 inches in order to get it over something (I wont say what) in order to store it away (out of sight, out of mind "from the thieves").

Rachel Rachel & I bought an angle grinder. We had an old one a couple of years ago, but it was used and it died. In fact, we're not sure where it is anymore and so we needed one. Despite the cost, we bought a cordless grinder so that we wont have to fight with an electrical cord when we're using the thing.

We bought the grinder primarily so that we can grind off rough areas of the concrete surfaces that we have to waterproof (so the membrane wont be vulnerable from being punctured). In addition, we want to grind down any of the form straps (what's left of them after the ends are broken off) so they wont stick out from the concrete. We need to waterproof those strap ends and it would be better if they're flush with the surface of the concrete.
I moved more gravel into the subslab area of the garage. We need to get back on a schedule of getting some work done (even just a little bit) each day. We're behind schedule.

No comments: