Saturday, September 15, 2007

More Site Work

The weather permitted work this weekend. Josh and I ran some more fence. I would've done more, but we ran out of fence.


I should point out that the storage unit is gone. The company I was renting it from finally came and got it late this week, so that got it out of the way and we could continue the fence. I'm pretty sure that another 100ft of fence should finish the job.


I did a little bit of mowing. Unfortunately (and this is the story of my life), I discovered another how down by Rachel's garden. I discovered it with the mower. I mowed between the two gardens and found another hose, but luckily, I was able to drag it out of the tall grass and continue mowing without any problems.


I'd sure like to get beyond this site work and back to working on the house. However, the reality is that this work needs to be done. I need to finish the fence for security (so the dogs have free access to the site). I need to finish the french drains, including backfilling those trenches after the drains are finished. And then, the biggie, is that we need to get utilities up to the house. We can't backfill next to the house until that is done.

No comments: