Saturday, September 8, 2007

Not Much This Weekend

We got rain this weekend. Not having work for Josh to do inside, we called Friday night and left a message for him not to show up. I did do a little bit of work Saturday morning. I was on the roof peeling the cardboard sonotubes off the chimneys. I noticed that even with the sweeping and maticulous cleaning that Rachel has done up there, that after a rain, more debris is washed down to the low points. We'll be doing more cleaning up.

Since we couldn't do much work, we went to the annual Tulsa House Beautiful Show (http://www.freewebs.com/stocktonunderground/homebeautiful2007.htm). It rained on and off all day. The jobs that we need to work on, were outdoor jobs. We wouldn't have been able to work on the house even if we'd stayed home.

I feel compelled to get some work done this weekend, and so if there's a break in the weather on Sunday, I'll be moving gravel into the garage or working on fence or something like that. If there's a big break in the weather, I might work on a couple of things like that.
All this rain is what's left of a hurricane that swept through the gulf coast. We're really getting more rain than we need, although the trees were drying out and could've used an inch or two of rain. We got more than that and I'd like for it to quit now. We've had enough for a week or so.

No comments: