Sunday, November 4, 2007

Waterproofing the back walls

We did church this morning and then we had visitors for a couple of hours, so this wasn't as productive a day as yesterday, but I still managed to get some work done.

I opened another 5-gallon bucket of the Ecoline product (the thinner material) and resumed applying it to the back walls. These are the walls that will eventually be buried. This is the first coat and there will be a second coat.

I used a paint roller with an extension pole for hitting the higher places on the walls. With the paint roller, I poured some of the Ecoline material into a paint tray and then just applied it to the walls with the paint roller, just as if I were painting a wall. The roller had a high nap to it, so it worked well with the material, able to get into every little nook in the concrete.

I've still got a considerable amount of work to do on the roof with the hydraulic cement, and then I've noticed that at the base of the exterior walls, I probably would like to apply some kind of slope at the bottoms of the walls, just as I'm doing at the base of the parapet walls on the roof. This will get water away from the house.So with all of the progress that I made this weekend, there's still a tremendous amount of work to get done before we can start backfilling the north end of the house. I'm feeling an urgency.

No comments: