Tuesday, July 1, 2008

June In Review

I had high hopes for June. I did get some work done, but not enough (in my opinion). I wanted to get utilities to the house. That didn't happen. I also had planned on having the garage utilities done so that a slab could be poured. That's about 3/4ths done. I'd probably be finished now, but I've had a few snags to occupy my time. I feel confident that this will be done soon.

I hope that in July, I can finish the things I had slated for June. It's a month behind, but so what. I've been behind schedule for a long, long time. It's not like I really have a schedule, other than my own. We don't have a bank pressuring us to get the construction done so that a construction loan can be converted to a mortgage. We're paying as we go, so we don't have that worry. The downside is that we aren't getting to live in our new house, because it's taking longer to get built.

With one person working on it, and not full-time, it's just going to take a long time to get the house done. It'll happen. I've just got to not get discouraged (as I have in the past) and just be persistent. And, we still have to remember to stop and smell the roses. We have to live life. We can't push ourselves so hard that we don't enjoy life. We have to live.

I have figured out that in order to get our utility work done, I'd like to find someone with a backhoe, and let them do the work. I will have to pay more to get it done, but they'll be faster than I will be if I rent the equipment and do it myself. It's a choice between saving the money and taking longer, or just getting the work done, and having to pay for it. So we'll get the trenching done. This will include some drainage work to the north of the house, to improve that from how it is today.

When I get a chance (probably this weekend), I'll write up a plan for July. I'd like to set goals, hoping that by doing so, maybe more progress will be made. Setting goals tends to motivate and keep us focused on objectives. There's so much to be done. I need to focus. (Plus, I have a real job as well).

No comments: