Friday, July 25, 2008

Bogged and Blogged

I was making progress on the house, but have been bogged down again (lately). It has gotten to the point where it's just too hot to work after I get home from my regular job. I've worked all day already, and then to get home and work in 100 degree weather is just not something I can keep up.

Last weekend, I had to work on a busted water line, and so I didn't really work much on the house. This water line was out in our pasture. I'm not sure how it got broken, but I had to dig and dig until I could find the broken part in the pipe and fix it. What a mess that was.

And digging takes a lot out of a person, and in this heat, it's doubly so. I spent most of Sunday recovering from the hard work in the heat on Saturday, and so very little work got done on the house. I think the electrical work is done on the house, with the exception of a feeder line (a 2 inch conduit) from a backup generator that we hope to get. I don't know if we ever actually will, but I want to provide the conduit just in case.

This weekend, because of the heat, we're hoping to get up real early (maybe around 4:00 or 4:30) and get started early, so that we can get our outdoor work done before it gets really hot. In addition, because Rachel and I tend to work better together, we're both going to work in the garden first. I'll help her there and we'll get that work done, and then she'll help me in the house. I hope to get that generator line put in. After that, I just need to get some ventilation lines in that we will eventually hook up to a closed loop earth tube system, which we will install after the house is built. We want to ventilation system in the floor beforehand, obviously.

As I side note, I've started "blogging". If interested, see my blogger site at http://les-stockton.blogspot.com

No comments: