Thursday, April 17, 2008

Parapet Siding

The siding guys returned this morning at 7:00. I opened up the gates and got them started. It was an overcast day, with thunderstorms in the forecast. The storms ended up coming after they left, so we got a day's work in from them (sort of). They left at 15:00. They did take off for over an hour for lunch, so it didn't feel like an 8 hour day to me, but on the other hand, I'm paying for the job, not by the hour, so it doesn't matter to me. The quality of work seems to be good, so I can't complain.

I took a few pictures (click here to see) and hope to get a few throughout the job until they finish in a week or so.

On another note, I called an electrician over a week ago. It's almost been two weeks, actually. The guy never called me back and he hasn't come by. I'm frustrated. I guess business is so good that he can afford to throw work away. I'll call someone else next week so that I can get the electrical work that's needed beneath the slab. I want to pour the slabs in a couple of months.

After the electrician gets his work done, I need to do the duct work for the ventilation system. I also need to install the central vacuum system, the stereo wiring, computer network cable, telephone cable, and security cabling. After that, we can pour concrete and get this house project moving again.

No comments: