Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm Going To Quit For a While

We had high winds come through lastnight and about $70 worth of insulation was blown down and torn up. It's going to take a lot of work to dig out the wall (behind the garage) so that I can put new insulation up. That's more work than one person can do. I've been doing it alone for a while and I'm sick of it. I'm going to take a break and not work on the house for a month or so and maybe I wont be so depressed and I can start again.

I was sick today and didn't go to work, but I'll probably go this evening. I didn't sleep much lastnight. We lost a kitty cat yesterday. She was 13 years old. I miss her. I buried her in a good spot on the property so that I can look out and see the spot and have fond memories of how wonderful she was.
It hurt to have to bury her. Even if some people think she was only a cat, the thing is, she was a little partner. She laid on my feet in the evenings. She was close by most of the time. That's the way she wanted it. She sometimes drove me crazy by purposely walking right in front of me. She just wanted to go where I went. I'll miss her.

When and if I resume work on the house, I'm going to have to see if I can get some adult help. Josh can't work unless he's micromanaged. We have a 28 year old that wont work unless it's convenient for him. I need someone I can depend on and that I can give tasks to, and can work on their own; a responsible person. I'm not sure if this type of person exists and I'm not sure what this type of person would have to be paid. I just know that I can't do the work myself and the thought of having to dig out and start again behind the garage depresses me beyond description.

No comments: