Saturday, March 29, 2008

Plumbing (Continued)

The plumbers finished the rough-in work. Block Outs were built for places (such as the showers or tubs, where we will have to make fine adjustments for proper location of the drains later. So the block outs will leave a void space in the slab when it's poured, so that the final placement of the drains can be made when it's time to install the showers or tubs.


For pictures, click here.


I paid 50%, plus an additional $600 for the renting of the boring equipment (the giant hole saw). I figure that if we'd ended up not boring a hole through the footing, and went with the sump pump, that by the time it was installed and an electrician hooked it up, the cost would've been pretty close to that same price. I think this is a better solution as we wont need electricity for draining from that garage bathroom.


I wanted to note (and I have a photo of it) that when the original concrete work was done, the concrete guy dumped excess concrete next to the house. They often dump waste concrete wherever they can, and they rarely ask where they will dump it. And for some reason, no matter where they choose to dump it, it'll likely be in an inconvenient spot. It's better if you can be on site to choose. In my case, they dumped concrete right in the path of where I need the sewer line to go. So I'll have to remove that giant globe of concrete. I'm not happy about it, but it has to be done.

No comments: